California Labor Commission

Can I file a complaint with the California labor commission?

If you are the victim of wrongful termination, then you have two different choices when it comes to filing a claim. The first is to file with the California labor commission, but you may have a mediator who is not familiar with the law and may not know the exact rules pertaining to gathering of evidence. The second, and better option, is to file directly with the superior court. This will allow a judge, who is familiar with the labor laws, to hear your case and award appropriate damages, if necessary.

Problems with filing with the California labor commission

The California labor commission allows you to file a case against your employer for wrongful termination, such as termination if you refuse to perform an illegal act for your employer. The problem is that your case will be heard by a referee and not by a judge, who is familiar with the labor laws. If you are the victim of wrongful termination, please contact California Wage Law Attorney for a free and confidential consultation.

Contact Us

Please fill out the following information and press the send message button. We will get in touch with you soon.

Submission of the inquiry does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  • receive helpful information about Employee Rights, Privacy Rights, Wrongful Termination, Discrimination, Unpaid Wage issues, and Labor Code Violations
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.